As we are a private school, we receive half of the funding that the public education system receives. To help run the school each family pays a monthly tuition of $280.00 a month ($2,800.00 a year). This amount is reviewed on a yearly basis. Families with only a Kindergarten student pay half the yearly tuition fee.
If my child is going to learn the same information as at the public school, why should I choose ACA?
Well, all schools teach from a system of beliefs about humanity, life and the universe. At ACA our teachers believe:
1. God is the creator and sustainer of life.
2. There is no absolute truth or goodness apart from God. The truth we find in any area of study has been placed there by God and is meant to point humanity to himself.
3. God created each child, or adult, with a purpose for their lives. We all are of infinite value to God.
4. We are all responsible for the blessings and gifts we have been given. We need to serve others with our gifts.
So, as we teach the information that all accredited schools cover, we keep the above perspective in mind. And we believe that is a pretty important difference!
What We Offer:
* Provincially recognized curriculum, taught from a Christian perspective. Students graduate with their Manitoba high school diploma.
* Small class sizes.
* Opportunities for your child to grow in academics, Christian service, and moral character.
* A friendly, family-oriented community with students from a variety of local churches.
* A high school missions trip every second year.
* Biblical studies from Kindergarten through grade 12.
Some possible questions you may have…
What facilities does Austin Christian Academy have?
Our school has seven classrooms, a library, multi-purpose room, and a large common area used for physical education classes. We have computers in each classroom and satellite internet access. There is also a soccer field, baseball field, basketball net, outdoor volleyball net and playground equipment.
How large are classes at A.C.A. and are there multi-grade classes?
Our class size is around 15 students. We do have multi-grade classes. Our grade splits vary but currently are K-2, 3-4, 5-6,7-8 and 9-12 (splitting 9-10 and 11-12’s during math and ELA).
Does A.C.A. have a dress code?
Yes, we ask that students wear a school uniform on Mondays to Thursdays. The uniform consists of a t-shirt and hooded sweatshirt with the school logo, and dress pants in navy or black. On Fridays students are permitted to wear “casual” clothes if they donate $1.00 to our missions fund. All casual wear should be modest and appropriate.
Mrs. Patricia Wilson (Academic Principal)
Mr. David Kruse (High School Worship Teacher and Administrative Principal)
Miss Victoria Klassen (High School Math & Science Teacher)
Mrs. Meghan Martens (ISO High School Facilitator)
Mrs. Helen Toews (High School & Junior High Bible Teacher)
Mr. Everett Olson (Phys. Ed Teacher for Grades 1-2, 5-12)
Mrs. Donna Thiessen (Junior High Teacher)
Mrs. Alicia Bueckert (5-6 Teacher)
Miss Taija Jarvis (3-4 Teacher)
Mrs. Eileen Warthe (K-2 Teacher)
Mrs. Meagan Wieler (Secretary)